1. Actually Taking Your Medicine. I take a daily medicine for anxiety and like 5 other vitamins (fish oil, multi, magnesium, D, B) that I believe help with anxiety and/or my general health. Unfortunately all these things only work if you remember to take them. Sometimes I feel super stressed out for no reason and I remember it’s been like four days since I opened my medicine cabinet.
2. Listening to Club Music. Not sure how you can feel stressed out listening to Britney + Ke$ha + Nicki Minaj sing Till the World Ends. Dance it out bb.
3. Exfoliate. I’m convinced that before modern medicine God invented sand so you could just grind all the problems out of your skin. Seriously, it’s almost shocking how much better you will feel after exfoliating your whole body. I promise. I recommend Laura Mercier Face Polish.
4. Going to Sleep. A lot of times anxiety can keep you up at night worrying about things that are never going to happen. Don’t text your ex about how you’re lonely, don’t sign up for Match.com, don’t request information on applying to grad school. Just go to sleep.
5. Take a Shower. Everything always feels far away when you’ve got hot water running over your head. Plus once you get out you feel fresh and ready to handle things.
6. Sweat it out. I can’t tell you how on par with therapy a good spin class is. There’s loud music and no lights and someone encouraging to work through all your problems. Highly recommend.
7. Dogs. Dogs are great for anxiety. I actually read that you can get a therapy dog to go everywhere with you just for having anxiety. They are so happy and love to listen to all your problems and make you feel better. My dog knows all my deep dark secrets and loves me anyway.